Male Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2006-05-31

PostSubject: Peace Maker Kurogane   04/09/06, 11:40 am

Title: Peace Maker Kurogane
Category: TV
Total Episodes: 23 episodes
Genres: Action, Historical Settings
Year Published: 2003

It is the closing time of the chaotic Edo Era (Japan, 1603-1868). In this time, some young people make a breakthrough in this era.

It is the first year of Genji (1864), March. A spring where cherry blossoms scatter and dance in the air of Kyoto. A single young man knocks at the door of the headquarters of the Mibu Shinsengumi (the newly established Mibu team). His name was Ichimura Tetsunosuke, aged 15. His personality, as his name suggests, is Teppoudama.

Unlike his height, Tetsunosuke possesses great will power and hopes to join the Shinsengumi to avenge his parents. He is allowed to join the team on the condition that he can win against the talented swordsman Okita Souji*. And so, Tetsunosuke challenges Okita.

"I want to become stronger."
Tetsunosuke, getting back up and fighting back no matter how many times he gets knocked down, earns him the admiration of Kondou Isamu* who allows him to join. However, the "oni"* vice captain, Hijikata Toshizou* refused to let him join saying, "The Shingumi will not have someone joining for vengeance."
One night, Tetsunosuke passes by the place where Okita was hiding and witnesses a ferocious battle. Hijikata leaves Tetsunosuke saying "Joining the Shingumi is just a way of becoming a demon."
Tetsunosuke stood still as he took in the painful reality that he must hold a sword and hurt people to become stronger.

However, in the falling rain, he asks Hijikata with Great Spirit, "I will not be afraid of demons. Make me into a demon." And so, it was how Tetsunosuke got consent from Hijikata to join the Shingumi.

Tetsunosuke faces many dark and cold battles as he worries about and watches over his brother Tatsunosuke who suffers from gastralgia. Together with Souji and the others of the Shingumi, they make a breakthrough in the closing of the Edo Era as an apprentice of Hijikata Toshizou...

Tomato
Hokage
Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Peace Maker Kurogane   07/09/06, 11:01 am

Definitely misinterprets the pacing of the series in the first episode. I thought it would be a bloody action anime, however it turns out to be very slow paced with little to no action uptil the last few episodes when things finally come to a conclusion. The story is merely character development and heavily relies on each character's charm.

Don't know why, but Gonzo Digimation has a bad habit to put out series that could've been a lot more than they are. Immense potential could be seen in each episode because there were some unique characters that barely show in the series. Such as Suzu and the nameless peace maker whose a gun toting samurai (hilarious too, I might add). It could've been a lot more dramatic and would've faired well with more intense action however that never happens. Instead we are treated with a decent anime series which is mainly a comedy and is more light hearted than expected. Still not bad but could've been even better if taken on a different direction.

Watch if in the mood for a samurai comedy with occassional drama in the mix.

BigO
Chūnin
Chūnin

Male Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2006-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Peace Maker Kurogane   07/09/06, 11:09 am

This anime has all the elements to be a successful anime but it did NOT deliver. The characters are far from be comparable to the one created by Nabuhiro Watsuki (Ruroni Kenshin). This is supposed to be a samurai type anime but guess what?.......there are few fighting scenes. However, the last battle is memorable. The story is quite odd and the pacemaker stuff is never explained the writer is only saved by the known shinsengumi history. Bottom line, you will be disappointed with this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tomato
Hokage
Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Peace Maker Kurogane   07/09/06, 11:10 am

In all honesty, I simply loved this anime. It was able to make me laugh and cry and enjoy it completely. I also liked the fact that it's more historically correct than Kenshin.

BigO
Chūnin
Chūnin

Male Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2006-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Peace Maker Kurogane   07/09/06, 11:12 am

I could only stand watching through 16 episodes... I kept hoping that there would be more action, but I just couldn't wait when all the episodes in the middle were basically fillers, why the heck did they have that weird marathon, followed by even MORE fillers of everyday boring shinsengumi life...

Perhaps my opinion will change if I saw some more action and proactiveness on the part of Tetsunoke. But this never happens. Sure the animation is quite nicely done, but that's about the only aspect that is good in this anime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peace Maker Kurogane   

Back to top Go down

Peace Maker Kurogane
Page 1 of 1